I keep accumulating links about music online, partly from listening to podcasts, partly from reading mailing-list messages, and partly from noticing shared items on Facebook.
Here are a few links to recent pieces I found interesting.
- Snocap CEO on layoffs: 'pioneers take arrows' | Tech news blog - CNET News.com
- Snocap's association with MySpace could have had a greater impact on the recording industry. It seems, though, that there's a difference between music discovery and sales of recordings.
- Universal Music Takes on iTunes
- Are labels really getting new ideas?
- Homepage | Jam Sessions | Ubisoft
- BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Madonna signs radical record deal
- Touring is where some musicians make their money.
- Free? Steal It Anyway - Forbes.com
- Radiohead's initiative shows that convenience is key.
- Apple, Tesco 'most to blame' for music biz crisis | The Register
- The economies of the recording industry should be reassessed.